Yesterday afternoon provided 8 hours of entertainment that I need to write about - if only to recover! It began at school pickup for Jessica where her class informed me as only 5 year olds can that Jessica had been hurt and there was lots of blood. They got a few more comments in before her teacher quickly told them to calm down and stop freaking out "the mother". It seemed that when they went to collect there bags Jess had tripped over a chair and split her chin open. Short version was she ended up in the hospital under a general so that she could get some stitches (as she was to distressed awake). After 3 hours in hospital and many calls to Ian (who is in South Africa) we headed out of the hospital where another storm was raging - I guess in hindsight that my first drive in the rain and the dark with poor Jess in the back could only end badly and I very unprofessionally backed the car into the hospital wall (whoops!).
When we got home - we had a few minutes to thank Jill for looking after Cameron before she left and the storm took hold at home. In the next hour - the power went out, the kitchen flooded and I tried to calm Jess with the 1 battery light I had remembered to recharge after the last blackout!
Anyway, by 10pm - it was calm - we had power - and I went to bed....and had a much better day today!
No comments:
Post a Comment