Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A fun trip home

In July the kids and I headed back to Australia for some first world entertainment and to enjoy the company of our much missed friends and family. Aside from our time in Perth and Melbourne we also spent a week in Sydney exploring the city like real tourists. The kids loved seeing the bridge and opera house as these are often on the TV in Zambia representing Australia. We also had fun at Taronga Zoo and the Ken Done Art Gallery at the Rocks. Ian and I drank loads of coffee and good Aussie wine and I had fun googling everything from the best omelette to the best family seafood restaurant before making a decision on where we were eating our next meal!

Jessica and Cameron at the Rocks in Sydney
Admiring the Opera House
Admiring the Sydney Harbour Bridge
as I explained that Grandad Ernie arrived on the same ship
from England as some of the steel used to construct the bridge
Jessica and Cameron took their own photos at the Ken Done Gallery
Having gun at Taronga Zoo
We researched the best Waffle in Sydney for Jess!
Cameron, Jack, Jessica and Hannah enjoying a movie!
Our babies from Mother's Group all grown up...
At Phillip Island with Monty, Ethan and Brodie
Cameron and Lucas get to know one another 
It didn't take long for Jessica and Sarah to find some things in common
Cameron and Jessica LOVE Auntie Mare AND Maisy

No comments:

Post a Comment